Konga Verified Blogger

Tuesday 16 June 2015

BABY SHOPPING: Part 2


Hello gorgeous people. Hope you are having a great week. I sure am. I promised you in my previous post to compile a baby shopping list. So here it is, i hope you find it very useful. 

SHOPPING LIST

1. Baby Cot/Moses Basket(plus mattress and sheets): I used a Moses basket for the first three months for my kids after which I transitioned to a baby cot. For the baby cot i prefer the travel cot which you can fold away when baby outgrows it. The wooden cot is really lovely and attractive but it sort of becomes a nuisance when baby outgrows it especially if you do not have a storage room to keep it. But if you do not have issues with space or storage then the wooden cot is a lovely choice. 
Wooden cot


Foldable travel cot
Photo credit: Google images                             

Moses basket/cot
Photo credit: Google images

2. Sleep-suits 

3. Vests/Short sleeved suits   

4. Shawl/Blanket

5. Hat, Mittens & Socks: Mittens have become sort of a fad for parents. Majority of the pictures i have seen recently, almost all the newborns have a mitten on. So are mittens really necessary? Well, its actually  called a scratch mitten and it is used to prevent the baby from accidentally scratching and hurting their delicate faces with their really sharp nails. Some parents also use it to protect the baby's hands and fingers when its cold. 
Tip: If you cannot buy a mitten or you lose yours, please use a pair of socks. Its a great substitute


Scratch Mitten
Photo Credit: Google Images

6) Changing Mat: I find this extremely useful especially the foldable ones that i can easily pop into my baby bag when I'm out and about with the kids. When baby does a really messy number 2, a changing mat can really save the day. 

Ok guys, thats the end of one part of the shopping list. I apologise for making it this long. I just did not want to leave anything out. Please look out for my next posts to see the remaining parts of this post. 
Do not forget to drop your comments in the comment box, i really would love to read them. 

3 comments:

  1. I Never knew mittens helped to protect babies form injuring themselves,i basically used it to protect my daughter frm the cold weather! Good to know it served another purpose!!!! Go Wandoooo.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Never knew mittens helped to protect babies form injuring themselves,i basically used it to protect my daughter frm the cold weather! Good to know it served another purpose!!!! Go Wandoooo.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kaydee. Glad to know you have learnt something new about mittens today.

    ReplyDelete