Konga Verified Blogger

Monday 15 June 2015

BABY SHOPPING : What you really need.

So you are expecting, you are going to be a yummy mummy or a proud daddy soon. You are over the moon, super excited and thankful. Yaaayyyyy!!!!!!!! 

Pregnancy is a lovely experience. It is a smooth, graceful journey for some women and for some others its a nerve-wracking nine months. My experience in both pregnancies were pretty similar. In each pregnancy i had the usual first three months of fatigue, general feeling of being unwell, loss of appetite, occasional headaches, spotty chin, tender breasts, funny cravings, sudden dislike for meat and cooking, frequent trips to the loo. The remaining 6-7 months, i was pretty calm and nice, well apart from the crazyily intense back ache i had in the final weeks of pregnancy. 

Ok, back to my topic- Baby Shopping! There are tons of attractive baby stuff out there to choose from. The tough question is,what do i really need to buy for my baby? 

While shopping for my first baby, OMG! I wanted to raid all the baby stores, I completely lost control. Lol! I wanted anything baby and everything baby. A lot of first time mums and parents can totally relate to this. After i put to bed, i realised i did not use a whole lot of stuff i had earlier purchased. For instance baby outfits, i bought a lot of newborn outfits. The cute tiny tops, the tiny baby jeans and suits. So so so amazingly tiny and cute!!! You just want to have them all. So yes I splurged! I bought a whole lot and eventually did not get to use up to a half of them. 

I found the baby sleep-suits( overalls) and body suits very useful at this stage. Bear in mind that you only need a few first size clothes as newborns grow very quickly. They go through a growth spurt in the first few weeks of life. So when i was shopping for my second baby i invested more on body suits and sleep-suits but I still did not splurge because like i said earlier babies grow so quick. 


Sleepsuits and bodysuits
Photocredit: Google images

I could go on and on about outfits, but i will just go ahead and compile a comprehensive list for all first time parents to use as a guide especially if they are on a tight budget. 

To see my baby shopping list compliation, kindly check out my next post. 

Have a BEAUTIFUL week y'all!  
Don't forget to drop your comments in the comment section and to get my blog updates sent via email please subscribe by entering your email address in the subscription box. 

x.o.x.o
Mummyhive 

10 comments:

  1. Nice write up nwando. Definitely saving this for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visting my blog. Bookmark this page for more updates or subscribe to mummyhivediaries to get all the latest updates straight to your email box. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting read..i hope i dont splurge on clothes when my time comes ooo..i love buying clothes so i can only imagine what id do when i see all those cute baby stuff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know right! And baby clothes are sooooo cute! Awwwww!

      Delete
  4. Nice blog to read you can also read some information related to new born baby products online
    on angelsbasket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog to read, find out branded products for your babies at angels basket or visit at
    Buy Best Baby Feeding Bottles Online India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfortable bedding is essential to ensure that the baby sleeps soundly through the night. Blankets and quilts are indispensable parts of baby bedding. For more
    Buy best Baby Blanket Online in India

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to read all the information posted on the blog, for information related to baby products and other accessories you can visit at Buy Best Baby Feeding Bottles Online India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its my destiny to visit at this blog and find out my required paragraph along with video demo, that’s YouTube video and its also in quality.
    Natural baby items Erie

    ReplyDelete